Sunday, November 05, 2006

"New Year's Resolution: Reflect! Don't Refract!"

1. Oh man, I love walking
through patches of grass,
stalks tickling my calfs,
pollen sneezing in my nose.
2. Oh man, I love shitting
bricks and forgetting
my mother's birthday
(Dec. 7, not 8).
3. Oh man, I love learning
things like philosophy
because it's so concrete.
Stirring bouts with discrepancies
fucking blow.
4. Oh man, I love singing
songs that need circular
breathing. I test
my lung power
daily/loudly
in the shower.
5. Oh man, I love driving
with a burger greasing
the wheel, needing
to ride away from things
I've been trying
to not think.
6. Oh man, I love lying
awake (and to myself),
reorganizing the pantry shelves
alphabetically.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Johnny Utah Symposium said...

My name is Wilbur Burris, and I approved this poetry.

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home